MIRACLE CAR FINANCE PTY LTD
92-94 Kingston Road, Underwood, QLD, 4119
Ph (07) 3299 2972 Fax (07) 3290 5557
ABN: 73 121 367 226
Australian Credit Licence: 389307
Miracle Car Finance Pty Ltd t/a Miracle Car Finance (“we”/”us”/”our”) endeavour at all times to comply with the Privacy Act 1988, Australian Privacy Principles and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code which together will be referred to in this policy as “Australian Privacy Law.”
- have received credit from us;
- are experiencing difficulty in meeting your repayment obligations under your credit contract with us; and
- have applied for or approached us for a variation in those obligations on the grounds of hardship whether as result of receiving a Notice of Default or other notice from us or otherwise.
“Hardship” as defined in the National (consumer) Credit Protection Act (‘NCCP’) includes “illness, unemployment or other reasonable cause.” In the course of you applying for a variation in repayment terms on the grounds of hardship, we may collect from you information about illness, unemployment or other reasonable causes of hardship. This will, most likely, be “sensitive information” under Australian Privacy Law.
We will only collect sensitive information that is relevant to your application for a variation in your repayment terms on the grounds of hardship. Such information may include:
- health information about you or another member of your family;
- the reasons for your current employment status;
- your education, training and other qualifications;
- whether you are a member of a professional or trade association or trade union;
- changes to your marital status;
The purposes for which we collect and use your sensitive information
We will only collect, use, hold and disclose your sensitive information for the following purposes and in the following ways to:
- assess your application for a variation to the terms of repayment under your credit contract on the grounds of hardship (‘ hardship variation’);
- explain our decision whether or not to agree to a hardship variation;
- administer, monitor and record any agreed hardship variation;
- consider any complaint about our decision to refuse a hardship variation in our Internal Disputes Resolution process;
- respond to any complaint about our decision to refuse a hardship variation made to our External Dispute Resolution scheme;
- manage our business including our responsible lending obligations and our systems for considering applications for hardship variations as required by the NCCP and other relevant laws;
- account to relevant authorities under the NCCP and Australian Privacy Law;
How we disclose your sensitive information
We shall not disclose your sensitive information to any party except for the purposes described above and as permitted by Australian Privacy Law.
In particular, we shall not disclose your sensitive information to any Credit Reporting Body or any other credit provider though we may disclose that you have entered into a hardship variation to such parties.
Whether we supply your sensitive information to overseas recipients
We shall not provide your sensitive information to overseas entities except as permitted by Australian Privacy Law.
How you may access your sensitive information held by us
There is no charge to make a request for access to your sensitive information but we may apply an administration fee for providing such access.
How you may seek correction of the sensitive information we hold about you
How you may complain about how we deal with your sensitive information
Changes to this policy